Saturday, June 13, 2015

Busy Weekend

Hello! Just thought I would give a quick update on what I have been up to because this weekend is full of busy things! I will write some individual posts on each thing a bit later because I currently have a ton of photos on my camera and phone that I need to upload and sort through first.

The Copa América, which is like the World Cup of Soccer for Central/South America just began and this year it is being hosted in Chile! It is such a cool experience and I am so glad I am here for it. The Chileans are SO passionate about soccer and there are Chile flags, shirts, hats, posters, etc. everywhere. All the restaurants and bars have Copa América specials and there is red, white, and blue everywhere. That is kind of strange to me because the USA is red, white, and blue as well so it doesn't feel as "foreign" as I would expect it to! Chile played on Thursday night and we went to a friends' house to watch it and it was CRAZY! They love their soccer team and their country! Plus Chile won so that was a bonus. They play again on Monday. Viña is one of the cities where games are played, and we got tickets to Friday night's game between Mexico and Bolivia. That was such a cool experience, even though the game ended in a 0-0 tie.

Today Katie and I went to Quilpué, a smaller town about minutes to visit the zoo! I had heard there was a small zoo there, and some of my patients had talked about it. They all said it was small and cute, nothing extravagant, but I really wanted to check it out! We LOVED it! It was actually a pretty good sized zoo and they had a lot of cool animals. Keep checking back for a post with a ton of animal photos. I went a little camera happy. Haha. Then we stopped and got an empanada near the zoo, and when we got back to Viña we went to this place called Pig Waffle I have been wanting to try! They have waffles and crepes and it was seriously the most delicious waffle I have ever tasted. Stay tuned for photos of that as well.

Tomorrow Katie, Mahathi, Natalie, and I are going to Casablanca for a vineyard tour and wine tasting! I am really excited for that because Chile has SUCH good wine and going to the vineyards is definitely an experience that I should take in while I am here.

So that is my busy weekend! I will try to write some posts as I get my photos done. Hope you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment