Friday, July 10, 2015

The End

I can't believe my departure date is right around the corner! I have said the words "I leave in the middle of July" so many times, but now here we are in the middle of July. 

Sorry I haven't been blogging much lately and still haven't done anything from Buenos Aires. I've been running like crazy trying to see people and squeeze all the last minute things in to my last few days. I will try to write one or two this weekend! It is supposed to be rainy and icky which is sad for my last weekend here, but probably good too because I haven't even started packing at all! Ha.

Today was my last day of work! I'm so thankful for the opportunities I had at COMIN and for everything I learned. I really enjoyed getting to work with the patients because they are Chile. The people here are what make Chile so unique and special and I learned so much about the culture and life here from them and their stories. So many of them gave me little goodbye gifts or brought me treats and it was so cute. 

Wednesday night I had a goodbye dinner with Mati and the two other interns at a really good pizza place here, and then I said goodbye to Mati yesterday after work because he is in Santiago taking exams for the weekend! So I was working with a different PT today, but it was fun for me to be so independent and really look back and realize all I have learned. Last night I grabbed coffee and brownies with Karina, my professor from here. She's so cute and sweet and is actually coming to Minnesota in a couple of weeks so I hope I'll be able to see her again then. 

My roommates left early this morning for a weekend trip, so I've said goodbye to them too! Katie is sticking around this weekend, so I'll be spending my last few days here with her and some of my Chilean friends! I hope the weather is somewhat cooperative. 

It is so weird to be making plans with people from back home! America seems so far away right now, like a dream or something, but before I know it I'm going to be in Atlanta surrounded by English speakers. I'm not at all ready to leave, but hopefully when I'm back in the states I'll appreciate life in the U.S. even more than I did before I left. Sunday is my travel day and I'll land in the states on Monday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment