Friday, July 3, 2015

Argentina Bound

Hello hello! 

I'm currently at the Santiago airport waiting for my flight, so I thought I'd give you an update! I'm heading to Buenos Aires, Argentina for the weekend to visit my friend Paul, from UND, who is doing an internship there this summer. 

I'll only have a weekend there which is so short, but I'm still so excited to see Buenos Aires and have the chance to explore! I left my house at 5:35am this morning to catch a city bus to the bus terminal, then took a big bus to Santiago, and then had to switch buses at one of the Santiago terminals to an airport bus! I was so proud I made it all by myself with no confusion! This is actually great because now I know exactly what I need to do next weekend as far as buses and the airport when I am flying home. I also learned that I needed to keep the little receipt I got when I first entered Chile! Ha. When they stamped my passport when I came in May, the PDI printed out a little receipt and stamped that too but I just throughly it was for my own keeping. But then when I tried to go through passport control today he wouldn't let me through without it! I have it, but at my house in Viña. Haha. Luckily he told me where I can get a new one and I got it all figured out. My Spanish skills are fabulous right now and I'm very thankful for that. Now I am at the gate area just waiting! My previous roommates told me there isn't wifi in the airport, but there is at the Starbucks in the airport. So I walked all across the gate area to get to Starbucks and use the wifi. Haha. 

I'm super excited for this weekend and hope I can get my blog posts done soon after! I'm also super excited because Saturday is the Copa América final and it's between Chile and Argentina! I'm so sad I won't be in Chile for it, but being in Buenos Aires and experiencing it from that side of things will be a neat experience too! I'll have to keep my Chilean pride to myself if I don't want to get murdered. Ha. 

Ciao for now! Have a great weekend 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment