Thursday, May 21, 2015

Navy Day

Today is a national holiday in Chile, El Día de las Glorias Navales, also known as Navy Day. It is the anniversary of the Battle of Iquique between Chile and Peru where Chile gained control of Iquique, an important port city.

Since it is a holiday, almost everything is closed and I do not have class and my roommates do not have their internships. I also have tomorrow off as well, so I have a long weekend! It would be a great chance to travel to another place for the weekend, but tickets are very expensive on such short notice and for a holiday weekend.

It's a pretty nice day outside so I think we are going to go explore the city and do some touristy things here. I will post an update later with some pictures from today and yesterday! Yesterday was BEAUTIFUL and I even got to wear a t-shirt and shorts. I have done a lot of walking (over 7 miles yesterday!) and have taken a lot of pictures.

Have a great day! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment